Mens Facials and Skincare
As "men are from mars and women are from venus" we understand there is going to be differences in many things including their skins needs.
Mens Skins are different to womens therefore need to be treated as such.
1. A woman’s skin ages faster than a man’s.Researchers discovered that women lose collagen faster than men. When skin has less collagen, it looks droopy and wrinkled.This is also a main reason why women, who have similar historical sun exposure to men, appear older than men of the same age
2. A man’s skin is more prone to skin cancer than a woman’s. It’s long been known that men get skin cancer at higher rates than women but this research shows it is because their skin is actually different.
3. On average a man’s skin is 20 – 30% thicker than a woman’s. This is because men have more collagen and elastin fibers in their skin. It also means they’ll get less wrinkles..As skin ages, its properties change. A mans skin gradually becomes thinner with age (about 1% per year). A womans skin is more likely to change colour and texture with age because it is more sensitive to sun damage and because of the fall-off of estrogen production after menopause. Estrogen maintains the bony framework beneath the skin, keeps it soft, resilient and healthy. Prior to menopause, women’s skin thickness remains fairly constant.
4. A woman’s skin is less oily than a man’s.Men have more hair follicles which means they produce more oil on their skin.Higher oil production in the skin means that a man's skin is more susceptible to acne related problems and other blemishes. Therefore, skin care products and treatments for men need to take this into account in order to function as required.
5. A mans skin is more delicate than a womens. You wouldn’t think that this is the case. However, there are some reasons why this is true:
- men historically have taken less care of their skin
- mens skin tends to be exposed more often to damaging environmental elements
- daily shaving destroys the hydrolipidic film, leading to loss of natural lubrication and protection
- daily shaving also causes scraping and nicks
All of these factors result in mens skin becoming more sensitized than womens skin and more easily irritated.
Skindeeps Mens Facials are specifically designed for Perth males skins helping to assist with the clarity of the skin, anti-ageing & stressed congested skins, we choose to use and recommend only corrective not maintennce treatments and products...
Skindeeps Paramedical Therapists are trained in treating individual concerns with a unique approach utilizing the Visa Skin Analysis machine. All clients have a full consultation and discussion to help align their expectations with our genuine results. Treatments are then chosen which will most benefit the concerns. Experience the difference!
Skindeeps most popular male facial treatments are;
1. Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical exfoliation technique to remove dead skin cells from the outer layer of skin. It is a mechanical process that propels fine natural crystals on to the skin, then immediately vacuums them away together with the dead skin cells leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth. Treatment also includes mask and massage.
The process is perfect for mens skins as it also accelerates the regeneration of new skin cells, stimulates the production of collagen and strengthens elastin, effectively pumping the skin out and revealing fresher, healthier and younger looking skin.
Microdermabrasion can treat any of the following conditions:
- Ageing and sun damaged skin
- Some acne scarring and acne
- Pigmentation marks
- Dry & dull skin
- Fine lines
- Enlarged and clogged pores
The treatment is virtually painless and doesn't require any recuperation time. For more information on microdermabrasion
$125 ( Allow 1 hour) ( Earn 6.5 Points)
- Cosmetic Physician
- Skindeep IPL Hair Removal
- IPL Photorejuvenation
- Brazilian Waxing
- Omnilux Light Therapy
- Sun Fx Spray Tanning
- Eye Enhancements
- Hydrotherapy Jet Spa
- Infra Red Detox Booth
- Visia Skin Analysis
- Professional Peels
- Day-Spa Packages
- Couples Room
- Manis and Pedis
- Energy/Sleep Pod
- Bridal and Spa Parties
- Mineral Make-Overs