Environmental Conscious Skindeep
“Skindeep medi-spas are committed to sustainable growth that encourages social responsibility and respect for the planet. This is a daily challenge that concerns our business and led to our decision to save 1000's of litres of water a year by using the innovative single-use biodegradable Easydry towel.”
In late 2009 Skindeep made the decision to do what it could in reducing its carbon footprint and bring more eco friendly. We were the first spa in Perth to change to the newest recyclable Easy Dry towel system as well as many other innovative in salon ideas to assist us in achieving our reduction target.
Made from pure wood fibres, Easydry eco-towels are manufactured using eco-friendly materials and processes such as recycled water and solar energy, and contain no pesticide-hungry cotton or eco-disastrous plastic.
They will biodegrade within 12 weeks and are 100 per cent recyclable.
Every Easydry product is incredibly hygienic, soft and super-absorbent.
No bleach is used to create the pure white towel, while the dye used for the jet black towel is non-hazardous and non-toxic.
With Easydry Skindeep no longer is laundering cotton towels (or send them out to be laundered) which eats up precious energy with washing and, especially, drying. The majoroity of our towels use din salon now are Eco Conscious towels. Every product in the Easy dry range is made from certified renewable sources, where trees are planted for every one harvested and so helping to stop deforestation.
- Made from renewable sources
- Completely recyclable (a recycling bag is included in every box)
- 100% biodegradable (within three months)
- All packaging is compostable
Easydry takes its responsibilities seriously when sourcing raw materials:
- The trees that provide our raw material come from sustainable, properly managed forestry. We use no chemical fertilisers or pesticides, artificial irrigation, genetic modification or illegally harvested wood.
- Our trees are grown on marginal land unsuitable for food crops or human habitation.
- Our forestry sources are continuously monitored, assessed and certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Cultivation and production of our raw materials combined uses approximately 40 times less water than the cultivation of cotton.
Easydry partners only with companies that share its attitudes on sustainability and environmentally friendly processes.
Our partner companies are extremely conscious of their responsibilities and adhere to the highest environmental standards. Certification includes:
- The European Eco Flower - Environmental process certification
- European Award for the Environment
- Nordic Ecolabel
- ISO 14001 - Environmental management system
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 - Confidence In Textiles certification
- Panda Mark
- ISO 9001 - Quality control
- OHSAS 18001 - Health and safety
All Easydry’s packaging is recyclable or biodegradable:
- Pallets are made from recycled cardboard and are themselves recyclable
- Boxes are made from recycled and recyclable cardboard
- Bags are made from 100% biodegradable/compostable eco-material
- Din Certco 13432 certification achieved - European compostability test
- ASTM D 6400 certification achieved - United States compostability test
At Easydry we use inks that are non-toxic, non-hazardous and water-soluble. A highly innovative process allows us to combine these colours with our eco-friendly raw materials to produce a totally safe, inert towel which is jet black, soft and highly absorbent.
Easydry towels are 100% biodegradable.They will fully biodegrade in compostable conditions within 12 weeks.
Easydry fibres are part of nature's cycle - they come from nature and return to nature.
Easydry towels are recyclable and can be recycled with cardboard/paper waste.
All packaging is compostable or recyclable.
- Cosmetic Physician
- Skindeep IPL Hair Removal
- IPL Photorejuvenation
- Brazilian Waxing
- Omnilux Light Therapy
- Sun Fx Spray Tanning
- Eye Enhancements
- Hydrotherapy Jet Spa
- Infra Red Detox Booth
- Visia Skin Analysis
- Professional Peels
- Day-Spa Packages
- Couples Room
- Manis and Pedis
- Energy/Sleep Pod
- Bridal and Spa Parties
- Mineral Make-Overs